Registered user since Fri 25 Apr 2014
Name: Robert Hirschfeld
Bio: Robert Hirschfeld is a Professor of Computer Science at the Hasso Plattner Institute at the University of Potsdam, Germany. There he founded and leads the Software Architecture Group which is concerned with fundamental elements and structures of software. Methods and tools are developed for improving the comprehension and design of complex and interesting systems.
He served as a visiting professor at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (東京工業大学) and The University of Tokyo (東京大学), Japan.
Robert was a senior researcher with DoCoMo Euro-Labs, the European research facility of NTT DoCoMo Japan, where he worked on infrastructure components for next generation mobile communication systems with a focus on dynamic service adaptation and context-oriented programming.
Prior to joining DoCoMo Euro-Labs, he was a principal engineer at Windward Solutions in Sunnyvale, California, where he designed and implemented distributed object systems, consulted in the area of object database technologies, and developed innovative software products and applications.
Robert received a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Ilmenau University of Technology, Germany.
Personal website: http://www.hirschfeld.org/
‹Programming› 2017 Activities
- Author of When a Mouse Eats a Python: Smalltalk-style Development for Python and Ruby within the MoreVMs 2017-track in MoreVMs 2017
- Author of Squeak Makes a Good Python Debugger within the PX-track in PX 2017
- Session Chair of Session IV (part of PX 2017)
- Committee Member in Organizing Committee for PX 2017
- Session Chair of Session III (part of PX 2017)
- Committee Member in Program Committee for ‹Programming› 2017 Research Papers
- Steering Committee Chair in Steering Committee for ‹Programming› 2017
- Committee Member in Program Committee for LASSY 2017
- Author of Active Expressions: Basic Building Blocks for Reactive Programming within the Research Papers-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Author of Exploratory Development of Data-intensive Applications within the PX-track in PX 2017
- Steering Committee Chair of Steering Committee Meeting (part of ‹Programming› 2017 Organizational)
- Steering Committee Chair of Steering Committee Meeting within the Organizational-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Session Chair of Session II (part of PX 2017)
- Session Chair of Session I (part of PX 2017)
- Author of Edit Transactions: Dynamically Scoped Change Sets for Controlled Updates in Live Programming within the Research Papers-track in ‹Programming› 2017
- Show activities from other conferences
View general profile